Monday, April 18, 2016

The Amsterdam Food Hotspot: De Drie Graefjes

Another week, another Amsterdam hotspot! As you may know I have started this new series on my blog where I tell you all about the best food hotspots in Amsterdam. This one is probably no surprise as I basically live there -you can check my Instagram for proof!- Of course I am talking about 'De Drie Graefjes', a café where they have THE BEST red velvet cake. Oooh and they have other stuff too but the cakes there are just oooh emmm geee!

My first visit to De Drie Graefjes was about three years ago and I keep coming back. It rarely ever happens that I love a place so much it’s the first thing that pops into my mind when I meet up with a friend. Because catching up and eating cake? Yes please! For this series I have to step away from my go-to hotspot and explore other things, but that doesn’t mean I can’t write about it, right?

De Drie Graefjes has two locations; both are very close to Dam Square and located in the centre of Amsterdam. That’s also one of the reasons why I pop into their café often. It’s just so close-by! I mainly go inside for a slice of red velvet cake and a cup of fresh mint tea but the club sandwiches and juices are also really good. The interior is very cosy and during rush hour the place is jam-packed full. I have always been very lucky to get a table but when you are with a big group of people it can be quite difficult.

If you are going to Amsterdam you have to visit De Drie Graefjes. Everyone loves it, which is why it’s always so busy. The red velvet cake is so moist and lovely and I even get hungry writing about it. I have to pay them a visit again soon!

Do you have a favourite food hotspot?

1 comment:

  1. I have a few favourite food hotspots and I visit them so often (literally whenever I can, haha). That red velvet cake looks incredible, though I've never actually trying anything red velvet myself before.

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting on my blog. I read and appreciate all of them!
If you have any questions I will try to answer them asap.

X Marjolein

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...