Thursday, March 12, 2015

Amsterdam, Cake & Catching Up

Last Tuesday me and my friend had a girly day. We had lunch, did a bit of shopping and chatted a lot. We actually wanted to have lunch at a new place, but since it is Amsterdam’s current hotspot, there was no table left. After strolling around we took the tram to go to our favourite lunch café in the center of Amsterdam: De Drie Graefjes.

Ever since I went to uni I always wanted to go there. I am actually that person that looks at the menu online and imagines what she is going to order. So when I finally ate at De Drie Graefjes I was very happy.
It’s a very cute café with amazing sandwiches and yummy cakes. They also have an American Bakery right next door where you can pick up all sorts of cupcakes, cookies and cakes to go. They have THE BEST Red Velvet Cake. If you ever go to Amsterdam I highly suggest you go there, even when it’s just for tea and cake. Which might even be better in my opinion, I love cake!


Because cake for lunch is very yummy, but not as healthy, we ordered sandwiches. I had the ‘American’, a sandwich with smoked chicken, bacon and chive-mayo and my friend had the ‘Pollo’, a sandwich with smoked chicken, guacamole and avocado. Both sandwiches were very tasty and because we don’t go to De Drie Graefjes that often we decided to have cake for dessert. We ordered Red Velvet Cake and Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake and shared them. They were both amazing, but the Red Velvet Cake was the best cake I have ever tasted. I will definitely pop into the American Bakery more often to treat myself to a slice of that delicious cake!

We also made the deal to try different food hotspots every month. So whenever we go somewhere I will make sure to snap lots of photos and share them with you all. If you cannot wait for a new lifestyle post, you can follow me on INSTAGRAM where I share more yummy food photos and artsy pics! 

5 comments:

  1. That cake looks so yummy! And I love your shoes.

    Lucy x
    Yellowicing.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and interesting! Thanks for sharing!
    Like your blog and I’ll be happy to see you in my!)

    p.s. new post - how I met Victoria Beckham http://www.dianacloudlet.com/2015/02/victoria-beckham-zip-pouch-met-victoria-beckham.html

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cakes are to die for! And your shoes are sooo nice!

    Laura x | lordlaura.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting on my blog. I read and appreciate all of them!
If you have any questions I will try to answer them asap.

X Marjolein

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...