Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Collection Contour Kit


For a few months I have been obsessed with the NYX Highlight & Contour Pro Palette. There is one colour in there that works well for my skin tone and makes my cheekbones pop. The only problem is that the palette is huge and not practical for travelling at all. That's why I added this Collection contour kit to my travel make-up bag. I picked it up on my last trip to London and it was the perfect opportunity to try this baby out whilst I was overseas in Scandinavia.

The packaging is not anything too fancy, just your average drugstore kit. I do love the mirror in there. Normally they always skip that with designing the packaging, but I have to say it's always handy to have something like that in a powdery product. I have to say I'm really impressed with the contour shade. Sometimes it can be hard to find a product that's not too orange on the skin, but this contour powder has that perfect cool-toned brown shade. It's very pigmented which can be a bit difficult from time to time but I always make sure to remove the excess powder on the back of my hand. I squeeze my Zoeva Luxe Face Definer Brush a bit so it fits perfectly in the hollow of my cheek and then I start blending. It leaves the perfect touch of ''yes I contoured my face but it looks naturel'' kinda look. 
The highlighter is not one of my faves. I already knew this when I bought it, but I just wanted a compact contour powder that I had never tried before. The highlighter is very subtle and leaves a shimmering sheen on the skin. Going from my Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone to this is a huge difference so I was happy to have my Tanya Burr Peachy Glow Palette with me too -the highlighter and bronzer in there are fab!- 

For the price (£4.19) I think it's a lovely kit. The highlighter is not that sparkly, but that’s my taste in highlighters. The contour powder on the other hand is really good and I will definitely keep using it. Especially when I hop on a plane with only a cabin bag. I am just not made to squeeze all my stuff in a small suitcase, but I will keep trying for the sake of saving money!

What is your favourite contour product?


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you so much for reading and commenting on my blog. I read and appreciate all of them!
If you have any questions I will try to answer them asap.

X Marjolein

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...