Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Benefit Roller Lash Mascara


Mascara is one of the things that can change your entire make-up look. It's like contouring your face where you make your cheekbones stand out or hide your double chin -love this trick-. Mascara can give you that Bambi eye look and I'm all for that. Thanks to my mum and dad I am gifted with quite some good lashes of my own but a few coats of mascara never heard anyone. 
Now for years there is only one mascara in my life and that is the Max Factor False Lash Effect in black waterproof. It separates the lashes, gives them volume and doesn't make me look like a panda, hence the waterproof. Sometimes I do like to try a new mascara, but usually I always go back to my old fave. Today is one of those days because I'm giving you my review on the Benefit Roller Lash mascara.

I found this cutie in a goodie bag once and it took me a very long time to try it out. Not because I don't like Benefit or the mascara wand, because Benefit as a brand is so good and their eyebrow products are the bomb dot com. Also the wand looks totally fine by me -I'm a plastic mascara wand kinda girl-. There is just one problem: it's not waterproof. 
There are some things that I do like though, the packaging is absolutely stunning and it actually does amazing things for my lashes. It makes them long, voluminous, separated and they give me that whole sexy vibe where all I need is some winged liner and red lipstick to complete the look. The only thing is that my lashes won't stay up and after a few hours I am rocking a panda look that I didn't even know about. 
With waterproof mascara you know the drill; your curl your lashes, coat them in mascara and they will stay the same. With this mascara I can slowly see them dropping down and that's not what I want. 
Also the fact that I wore it when I went to the cinema to see Lion was not the best idea I’ve had. Even though it was the second time I saw it -such a good film go and see it- the tears kept popping up and I cried all the way till the end. The end that I already knew was coming, but still that film is such an emotional roller coaster for me. Or any sad Disney film for that matter. I cry at everything. When we walked out I was left with mascara everywhere and streaks in my foundation. Thank god that it was dark outside because together with my sniffling it didn’t look pretty.

My conclusion: the Benefit Roller Lash is a good mascara; I just wished they brought out a waterproof formula. If you are not that keen on waterproof this might be the one for you. Also, it's very easy to take off after a long day of work -or procrastination-. But as a girl that likes to have her curly lashes that are ready for the day I do have to go back to my old fave.

Have you tried the Benefit Roller Lash mascara? Any thoughts?


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you so much for reading and commenting on my blog. I read and appreciate all of them!
If you have any questions I will try to answer them asap.

X Marjolein

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...