Sunday, November 27, 2016

The Amsterdam Food Hotspot: Corner Bakery

Whenever I'm on the hunt for a good brunch spot I make sure to keep my eye on Instagram. I find this is the best way to see where people eat and when a name pops up more than once you know it's the place to be. Corner Bakery in Amsterdam is a place that kept creeping up in my feed and the photos of delicious sandwiches, pancakes and froot loop shakes made me kind of excited as well: I just had to try it!

On a Friday, a friend and I decided to do a food and Instagram day. We took photos of each other’s outfits and of the food we ate of course. Our first stop was Corner Bakery. We went around 11:30AM and it wasn't busy at all. Twenty minutes later the whole place was packed and we were so lucky that we were able to grab a good seat. Whilst sipping on my chai latte I took a look around the place. It's quite small and very popular amongst locals. Definitely a place where I would come a lot for Sunday brunch. 

The menu was really good. Acai bowls, pancakes, eggs, sandwiches, salads, you name it. I'm definitely more a brunch kind of person and even though French toast and pancakes are my go-to pick I went for a sandwich, which in the end was a very good choice. It was full of bacon and avocado and you know that is a combination I can't resist. It came in this cute basket that is totally Instagrammable and we both demolished our sandwiches because it was that good. 

Next time I'm definitely ordering French toast. Oh yes, there will be a next time, because once I find a hidden gem like this I keep coming back!

What is your favourite brunch dish?

3 comments:

  1. I loved this post, only started to read your blog and I have fell in love! I loved this post but it made me so hungry and that starting photo is incredible!
    http://luxekate.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Hahaha I knooow, when I look at this photo all I can think about is food haha! X

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting on my blog. I read and appreciate all of them!
If you have any questions I will try to answer them asap.

X Marjolein

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...