Saturday, October 8, 2016

NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Vintage



The leaves are falling down and the temperature drops, which can only mean one thing: sweaters and dark, burgundy lips! I have quite a few of these lipsticks in my stash but I decided to pick up one more, because it's not like the rest. Yes, my name is Marjolein and I'm a beauty addict, can ya tell?
I bought the NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Vintage when I was in Brighton and whilst I thought it was more of a brown colour it turned out to be a dark plum with a mauve undertone. Sometimes a swatch in the store just isn't enough. Besides the fact that I was a bit disappointed about the colour fail I still gave it a whirl.

The formula of this liquid lipstick reminds me of the Kat von D liquid lipsticks. It has a liquid consistency and because it’s a bold colour it can be hard to apply. The pigmentation is really good and one coat pretty much gives you the best matte pout in the world. 
It dries fast and that's where I started to not like it as much. The lipstick started to crumble on the inside of my lips. I tried to bite it away -I know it's not the best solution here, but a girl's gotta do something without the possibility of going to the bathroom to check her make-up- but that only made my teeth look weird, because there were lipstick crumbles everywhere. 
Besides this small detail I did like the finish. It didn't crumble on the rest of my lips which is a common problem for me and the lasting power is also quite good. Of course you need a touch up after a hot chocolate and some delicious nachos, -I had a catch up with a friend yesterday and that's what we had. Best combo EVER!- but every lipstick I tried needs a touch up from time to time, so I'm not too fuzzy about that.

For a drugstore liquid lipstick I think the NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick is really good. The Kat von D one still wins every single time, but you also pay a bit more money for that. For €8,80 I think you get a very good deal: it’s long-lasting, gives good coverage, but does crumble a bit. NYX also has a lot of fun colours for this lipstick, so I think I will pick up those next time, because what's life without a fun colour on the lips?

Have you tried the NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipsticks before?

1 comment:

  1. I was looking for that one yesterday but it was out of stock ! such a deep beautiful colour :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting on my blog. I read and appreciate all of them!
If you have any questions I will try to answer them asap.

X Marjolein

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...