Friday, July 15, 2016

Salted Nutella Cookies


Last week, I wanted to treat myself so I placed a huge DVD and book order. The book that I ordered was Tanya Bakes, a cookbook by vlogger Tanya Burr. I was contemplating about getting it and after seeing the gorgeous photography all over social media I had to get it. Baking things is one of my favourite things to do, so I knew that this book would always come in handy.

When I looked in the book there were so many recipes that I wanted to try - hello rainbow cake!- but there was one baked good that immediately made my heart skip a beat: Salted Nutella Cookies. I love Nutella and I love a touch of salt. Salted caramel is the best discovery ever, so I knew that these cookies were going to be awesome sauce and I was right!

What do you need?
200gr unsalted, softened butter
300gr caster sugar
1 large egg
325gr self-raising flower
1 teaspoon of sea salt
4 big tablespoons of Nutella

First, preheat your oven to 180C/350F and line two baking trays with grease proof paper.
Mix together the butter and sugar until it becomes creamy and fluffy. Then add the egg and mix again. Gradually add the flower until you get a lovely dough. Now it's time to add the good stuff: Nutella! The recipe said 200gr, but I took 4 big scoops; the jar was half empty by now, so I figured that would be enough. I mixed it slowly with the dough until I got a gorgeous marble effect. 
Divide the dough into large dough balls, I had about 12, and press them down on the baking trays. They will become huge, so make sure there is enough space between them. 
Sprinkle on some sea salt and put them in the oven for about 12 minutes. Let them cool down for 20 minutes and then it's time to dig in!

They are honestly one of the best cookies I have ever tasted and they definitely taste and look like they belong in a hipster bakery. The cookies are also so easy to make and would be perfect for any occasion. I also baked some salted caramel brownies -my salted caramel obsession had gone a bit too far maybe- and they have been amazing too. That recipe will be up soon, so keep your eyes peeled!

Have you bought Tanya Bakes yet?

4 comments:

  1. Definitely going to have to try this! Looks so yum. I've seen loads of bloggers saying how good that book is too so I may order myself a copy x

    Lily Blogs Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these look delightful! Anything with cookie dough and nutella, I can just go OM NOM NOM NOM. I use to bake a lot but now, not as often. Perhaps this is the perfect recipe to start with! Hehe <3

    xx Bash |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very yummy.Loving the pictures.
    sophieatieno.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh lord I love this! I'm a nutella fun as well I eat a jar on its own every time a have a chocolate craving lol these looks amazing! Thanks for sharing. Have a lovely day!
    Dominica from www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting on my blog. I read and appreciate all of them!
If you have any questions I will try to answer them asap.

X Marjolein

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...