Saturday, May 21, 2016

The Bodrum & Kos Travel Diary

Last week I had the time of my life whilst I was soaking up the sunshine in Turkey. I hadn't been on a proper summer holiday in forever so I was happy to finally relax, get a tan and not think about all the stuff that I needed to do back home.

I stayed in a resort in Bodrum with my friend Hester, she also has a blog (it is in Dutch though), and even though we don't know each other for that long, we really had a blast and made lots of great memories. In those nine days that we were there we stayed by the pool, went into Bodrum and shopped, visited the Greek island Kos -the 45 minute boat trip made us so sick and dizzy that the first thing we did was going to a Greek pharmacy to buy travel sickness pills haha-, had a lovely hamam treatment and made lots of Instagram pics along the way.

When we came back, the post-holiday blues were SO real. I have never missed something like that for such a long time and I can't wait to go back one day. I think for me it's just the fact that there is sunshine - the Dutch weather sucks- and that I could not really think about my uni to-do list. I probably need to plan a new trip soon -they say that helps- but for now let's look back on this amazing holiday!


















24 comments:

  1. Oh my, these pictures are giving me serious travel envy but I'm so glad it's you that is there, enjoying the sunshine! It all looks amazing xxx

    Sam // What I Know Now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Hope you get to go on holiday soon! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow what beautiful pictures! Looks like you had a lovely time! I get so seasick as well, would have definitely been stopping off at the pharmacy too haha!
    Amy xx
    Call Me Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Haha I am NEVER taking a boat like that again! :P X

      Delete
  3. I need to travel more T.T
    Anyway, I really like your off-shoulder dress <3

    Take care,
    Rizuna from A Well-dressed Nerd

    PS: don't forget to check this out >> Na-Ra Hayley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love travelling! It's so nice to see other countries and get inspired. :) X

      Delete
  4. Arghhh how i loveeeeeeeeeeeee palm trees !!!!! You look stunning. Lovely post, thank you for sharing this with us. Hope to see you on my blog www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk !! Have a lovely week. xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh I love these photos so much! Makes me wanna travel right now <3__<3

    XX www.laurenlouvaine.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren! I have it right now too when I look at these photos. I wanna go back haha! X

      Delete
  6. Oh wow, what a fabulous travel diary! It looks beautifully fresh and warm there at the same time - the perfect combination! Your outfits for the holiday seem ideal and ah, the lovely sight of palm trees.... dreamy!

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gabrielle! I know right? I took SO MANY pictures of palm trees haha! X

      Delete
  7. Your outfit is perfection, I love the off the shoulder trend and the neckerchief tops it off perfectly. Bodrum looks so beautiful too hun!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elle! I love that combination too, even though the dress was a bit see through haha! X

      Delete
  8. I know what you mean about the post holiday blues...I get them sooooo bad. I'm just a complete miserable bitch for about a week after every hol!

    Stunning photos too, I've never been here (or even heard of it!?) but I reaaaaaly want to visit!!

    Katie.
    xx ♥ La Coco Noire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha that was my mood for about a week haha. I feel better know though! :P X

      Delete
  9. I should really get a good job so I can have enough to travel.How breathtaking.The pictures are so beautiful.I love
    sophieatieno.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am actually working a lot too right now to save up for all the places I want to go to. It really is worth it! :) X

      Delete
  10. I've been to Bodrum and Kos too and going through the pictures in your post, i notice that i've taken the same picture of the stairs as your 3th picture ... That is in Kos exactly...
    Great post
    xx
    https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's so funny! I really like those stairs. All the colours and stuff made it really feel like I was in Greece! :) X

      Delete
  11. Love your outfit! I was thinking 'summer holiday' as soon as I saw it! :)

    www.jeannechristinemarie.blogspot.com
    * Instagram * Facebook *

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would like to read like this more after mine https://www.goldenbustours.com/lasvegas-tours/.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting on my blog. I read and appreciate all of them!
If you have any questions I will try to answer them asap.

X Marjolein

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...