Wednesday, November 12, 2014

The Fall Mug Cake

The internet is an amazing thing. We share our experiences, our opinions and we get inspired by many new things. See here a phenomenon that I had never heard off, until Cassie from Blogilates uploaded a video with her version of a delicious mug cake.
I am a sweet tooth, so the fact that I can eat cake in less than ten minutes excites me a lot. I have fallen in love with mug cakes and I am trying a lot of different recipes to find the BEST one out there. Today I decided to share my own version, since I love experimenting and this time it turned out to be quite delicious.
A perfect fall treat that is very healthy as well. The flax seeds and chia seeds contain a lot of omega-3 fatty acids, which are very good for your heart and give your skin a beautiful glow. I have been eating these little seeds for a very long time and I can definitely see a difference. This basically means I put them in everything I make. The ginger powder and cayenne pepper will give your metabolism a huge boost, which is nice for the people who want to drop some extra pounds before the festive season.

What do you need?
1 banana
1 egg
3 tablespoons of oats
1 tablespoon of buckwheat flour (or any other kind)
1 tablespoon of flax seeds
1 tablespoon of chia seeds
A handful of raisins
A handful of walnuts
Pinch of ginger powder
Pinch of cayenne pepper             
Lots of cinnamon
Coconut oil
Any kind of syrup

Sides:
Any type of fruit; I used raspberries, but apple sprinkled with a bit cinnamon is also amazing!

Step 1: Mash the banana in a bowl and add the egg. Whisk it all together until you get one consistency.
Step 2: Add the oats, buckwheat flour, flax seeds, chia seeds, ginger powder, cayenne pepper and cinnamon and mix it all until it is smooth.
Step 3: Add the walnuts and raisins to your mixture and mix it again.
Step 4: Melt a teaspoon of coconut oil in a mug by putting the mug in the microwave. After the oil is melted, make sure that the inside of the mug is covered in a thin layer of coconut oil.
Step 5: Scoop the banana mixture in the mug and put it in the microwave at 600 for 2-2 ½ minutes. You might need to check if it needs a bit more or less time in the microwave, but 2-2 ½ minutes works fine for me.
Step 6: Make sure the mug cake falls out when you put the mug upside down. If this does not happen you can take a knife around the edges of the cake and it will fall out. Add a bit of syrup on the mug cake and serve it with some fresh fruit. Super yummy and the perfect breakfast!


What is your favourite mug cake recipe?

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Since I absolutely found your blog very lovely, I am nominating you for the Liebster Award. For more details and info, check out my blog post about the said award on this link:
    http://enigmaticxx.blogspot.com/2015/05/the-liebster-award.html
    Looking forward to see your blog post soon!
    Nat xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting on my blog. I read and appreciate all of them!
If you have any questions I will try to answer them asap.

X Marjolein

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...