Monday, December 16, 2013

Review | Physicians Formula Shimmer Strip in Vegas Strip

Highlighters have been a huge trend the past couple of years. It took a bit of time before the affordable brands picked up this trend, but this time around you see them pop up everywhere.
I had my eyes on the Dior Amber Diamond highlighter. I saw it been used in a lot of videos and I just loved the colours, the packaging and the glow it gives your skin. The only problem, it is expensive and it is hard to get hold off here in Europe. There was a dupe on the internet for this: Physicians Formula Shimmer Strip in Vegas Strip. The only problem is that it is only available in the US. Luckily I have amazing friends that brought some US goodies with them. Including the shimmer strip in Vegas Strip. I decided not to go for the Dior Amber Diamond, since it was 45 dollars.






I ripped the sticker while unpacking the product

Ingredients:
TALC, MICA, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, ZINC STEARATE, DIMETHICONE, WATER, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, CETYL DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN. MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON OXIDES, ULTRAMARINES, FERRIC FERROCYANIDE, CARAMINE, YELLOW 5 LAKE.

-       - Hypoallergenic

-       - Fragrance free





I already saw that these colours are very warm toned. If I saw this colour in store I probably walked past it. Since I am very pale the colours can be a little bit too dark for me.
Looking at it in the pan I see a lot of warm toned gold and browns. However the colour isn’t as bright on the skin as it is in the pan. Normally you want things to be pigmented, but these are workable for my skin right now.
I love how versatile these shimmer strips are. You can use them as bronzer, blush, highlighter and eyeshadow. Blush doesn’t really counts for this strip, but I have seen other strips with pink shades.


I think this product is well worth its price. I have to say this time of year I will probably not use it very often. I think these shades are perfect for summer, but with this cold weather they are not very suitable for my skin. I am very pale, so to wear bronzy shimmery colours are not my thing at the moment.
I love that it is a multi-purpose product. The highlighter however is a bit too yellow for my skin. So I will go for something more pink toned instead.
As for eyeshadow I wouldn’t use this to create an eye look since the colours can look very similar on the eye lid. But as an individual colour they are very nice. You can swap them on your lid or add some other eyeshadows to create the perfect look.

In the end it is a beautiful product. I think this will be at its best when you have darker skin. Otherwise you should go for a different shade that suits your skin tone. But since I can’t buy them here I will just have to go with it. I hope that in the summer when I have a bit of a tan, and people still think I am pale, this will look amazing.
I am already looking forward to have bronzed glowy looking skin with a hint of shimmer on the eyes. That will be the perfect summer look for me. But I need to wait for about five months before that is ever going to happen.

What is your favourite highlighter?



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you so much for reading and commenting on my blog. I read and appreciate all of them!
If you have any questions I will try to answer them asap.

X Marjolein

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...