Saturday, December 21, 2013

Review | MAC Cranberry Eyeshadow

Last year I bought my MAC pallet. It is an eye-catcher in my make-up stash and I am very happy with it. The only problem: I need to fill it up. At the time I bought two eyeshadows: Naked Lunch and Satin Taupe. Two beautiful colours that work great together. I wear Naked Lunch alone or with a little bit of Satin Taupe threw the crease. It is the most beautiful and simple combination ever.
Every season there is a hype about an eyeshadow. In autumn everyone is blown away by MAC Cranberry. I have seen this eyeshadow before and thought it looked very scary. It is a dark reddish colour and I would have never thought in a million years I would wear something like that. I am more a nude-eye kind of girl, but Cranberry has always been on my wishlist.  My friend bought it for me as a present, since she knew how much I would like it. I went a bit crazy when I unpacked a MAC bag and found out this little pan was inside. I was a bit enthusiastic, and that is very underrated.






MAC Cranberry, as the name says, is a cranberry colour. It has a frost finish, just like Naked Lunch and Satin Taupe.
The photo's don't do this colour its justice. It looks like a reddish metallic when you swatch it. Very pretty!
It is very pigmented and you don’t have any fall-out when you apply it. This is nice since you don’t want to have red powder on your freshly applied face make-up.




I see myself wearing this in the crease of a brown smokey eye. I also saw someone using it as a crease colour in combination with a dark blue eye pencil and a brown eyeshadow. It looked very pretty.
I will experiment with the eyeshadow and find out which way I would use it and share my thoughts with you. Normally I don’t tend to go for heavy eye make-up, but since the festive days are coming up I have to give it a try.


How would you use MAC Cranberry?




No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you so much for reading and commenting on my blog. I read and appreciate all of them!
If you have any questions I will try to answer them asap.

X Marjolein

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...